Back by popular demand in April is instructor and professional dancer Raquel Nielson from Raleigh!
Raquel dances and competes in both West Coast Swing and Country 2 Step and she is here to kick off our dance night with a great intermediate workshop, “Get Your Groove On”.
Dancing to some of today’s funky pop songs can be intimidating. Raquel will help us feel comfortable by sharing tips for how to break down the music and styling that works.
Charlotte’s own Gary Jobst completes our great April line-up as DJ and teacher for our free beginner lesson.
Don’t forget our recent location change to Belk Hall, next to Caldwell Presbyterian Church in Charlotte’s Elizabeth neighborhood. Plenty of free parking nearby.
Private message Ann Reynolds if you’re interested in a private lesson with Raquel.
Let’s build on the great momentum we had in March!! ALL BEGINNERS WELCOME!!! We love to teach this dance to others!
7:30 Intermediate Workshop
7:30 Free Beginner Lesson
8:30 to 11:30 Open Dance
Beginner lessons are always FREE
Intermediate workshop $10
Intermediate workshop & Dance $15
Dance only $10
***DIRECTIONS AND PARKING INFORMATION***
If you’re traveling from out of town and using the interstate:
(Note: Hawthorne Lane is closed)
1. Follow your GPS to I-277 S/NC-16 S
2. Take exit 3A toward Brevard St/Davidson St/Mc Dowell St
3. Merge / Continue onto E 11th St
4. Continue onto N McDowell St
5. Turn left onto E 7th St
6. Turn right onto Charlottetowne Ave
7. Turn left onto Park Dr
8. Turn left to stay on Park Dr – Corner of E 5th St
9. Destination in on your right
10. Signs with yellow balloons will be posted nearby
– Parking Lot behind Belk Hall
– Elizabeth Traditional Elementary School across from Belk Hall on Park Dr
– Plenty of free parking along the streets as well
DO NOT Park in the large Hospital parking lot on E 5th St – Permit Parking ONLY